Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My brother ML typewriter is cutting off the bottom of the

Customer Question

My brother ML typewriter is cutting off the bottom of the lower case letters. I can see that the letters are typing at the bottom of the tape
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds as if you have a ribbon cartridge that is not properly seated all the way down... or perhaps, owing to the failure of the spring to hold it down, is popping up again.

If not that problem, then the carriage (that the ribbon cartridge rests on/in) may be loose and popping upward.

See whether the carriage can be pushed downward or pulled upward (see if it is loose in its mountings.) If loose, see if screws or other fasteners need tightening, that hold the carriage in its place.

Would you like to know of a nearby repair facility authorized for servicing the model you have if so, tell me your zip code, please.