Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Is there any way an OCE 8090 continous form printer can

Customer Question

Is there any way an OCE 8090 continous form printer can print grayscale
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It depends upon whether you have a Windows PC or an Apple computer. In either case, the way to determine whether the printer can, of itself (about which, more below) print in grayscale, is to go to the printer's driver settings.

Note that the printer's driver settings will be rudimentary, if you have not installed the exact driver for this exact model of printer, as appropriate for your computer OS type and version. If you haven't, I can offer instructions on how to do so.

In a Windows computer, you go to

Control Panel - Devices and Printers

and right-click on the icon there, that represents your printer. Then select Properties.

The driver settings may include a Grayscale option, or some 'print black ink only' or similarly phrased option, if so select it, click on OK to save the changed settings until the Properties for the printer closes, then try printing grayscale.

In an Apple computer, I think the Grayscale option, when present in the printer's driver settings, is simply called Grayscale.

Let me know what computer you have, please, and I will advise you further as appropriate.

If you have already examined the printer driver settings, and found no 'print black ink only' or 'grayscale' option there, then the only way to print grayscale is to first alter the image to be a black-and-white or grayscale image, in image file editing software of some sort, before sending it to the printer.