Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

2155 dell adf scanner output has a black horizontal line

Customer Question

Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the black line is across the scans, and also across the photocopies made in a similar fashion, and not along the scans nor along the photocopies longer length... then your Dell machine probably has an erratic power supply that is varying in voltage levels during scans (or photocopies) producing the stripe at the time of the voltage variation.

This will unquestionably require either
1. that you give up using the scanner and photocopying capabilities (?)
or
2. that you have the printer repair-serviced, or
3. that you replace the printer.

Note, as to (2), that the printer is, if under 1 year since it was purchased, still covered by Dell's warranty terms and in that case Dell ought to repair it free-of-charge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I solved the problem by using a scan through cleaning sheet sold by Staples.

Your answer was not helpful and I want a refund.