Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Have a Bizhub C284e which was working fine. Now does not

Customer Question

Hi, have a Bizhub C284e which was working fine. Now does not print images at all, blank pages. Recently replaced SSD board due to constant rebooting and performed gradation adjust leaving machine in good condition.
Any idea?
Rgds,
Eddy
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Blank pages can be caused by several major defects in your sort of printer.
1. no toner for the printing - check the toner cartridge.
2. no high voltage for the drum
3. no voltage for the developer
4. laser shutter closed, so laser beam does not form image on drum, so no image goes onto the paper
5. no signals going to the laser/scanner assembly, so no image formed on drum because laser beam receives no instructions to form any image.
Which of these the problem is, depends upon whether an image is forming on the drum, or not. (And 'image' means toner in patterns, those patterns being caused by the laser firing at the drum.
If there is an image in toner formed on the drum, then the problem is not 1, 2, 4, nor 5... is most likely (3).
If the toner cartridge is not in fully OK status, then the problem is (1).
Telling 2, 4, and 5 from each other is not so easy. But all of those are serious problems.
To tell if there is an image being formed on the drum, start a print or copy, and open the cover of the printer when paper has gone about 2/5 or half-way through the printer, then remove the paper and look at the drum, briefly, without touching it.
Note also, whether there is loose toner spilled inside the printer, visible and obvious at a glance. If so, the problem might be owing to poor contacts or dirty contacts, dirtied by loose toner powder, and preventing the transmission of vital voltages (as in cases (2) and (3).)