Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I ma trying to figure out how to set up my copier to pull a

Customer Question

I ma trying to figure out how to set up my copier to pull a separator page from a separate cassette that holds color paper.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The copier itself does not know where the separator page is, but the 'spooler' software on your computer is where the separator page is generated... if you use printer coding language (as appropriate for your particular individual model, for it varies, the codes vary, from model to model...) you could code the spooler to choose a particular tray for printing the separator page. In the case of your model, PCL6 is the PCL language used. (Also known, apparently, as PCL-XL, or PCL5c.) But before starting programming work, it would be advisable to check the printer's driver - assuming that you installed the complete driver for this specific printer model on your computer - for any setting with regard to the separation page, in case it allows specifying what tray the separation page, and only the separation page, comes from. Alternatively, set the tray selection to be Auto, print on normal sized paper from one tray, but have the separation page a different size, in a different tray.