Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I just changed by Brother MFC-9320cw drums and belts. I have

Customer Question

I just changed by Brother MFC-9320cw drums and belts. I have turned the power off and back on to reset. Still getting replace messages for drums and belt. Also, the printing is still not good
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
First of all, are you sure you replaced the drum for the printer? not the toner cartridge. The drum would look more or less like this:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/img/faqend/faq00002882_000/us/en/30320/tonerdrumunit09.gif
Second, you then need to reset the drum counter.
Press MENU
MACHINE INFO
RESET MENU
Choose the color of the drum... or if monochrome, that step can be skipped since there's only one color in the machine.
Press OK (esp. if there was a color to choose - if there wasn't, perhaps this step is superfluous, I'm not sure.)
Press 1 to reset the drum counter. (in color machines, for the particular color of drum you just selected.)
Press STOP/EXIT to complete the process and go back to the main menu.
(Since you say this is a color machine, or has more than one drum, then you need to go through that procedure again, for each other color of drum you just replaced.
As for reset for the imaging belt (-s??), that's also in the RESET MENU, I think. If you need help figuring out the reset for that, let me know.
And as for the print quality... if it hasn't improved and if it doesn't improve even after the resets have been done... you may need to replace the black toner cartridge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know the difference between the drums and the toner cartridges. I've had the machine for 6 years and have changed both several times before. I've never had to go through the menu to reset anything, but I'll try that. I don't know why that would affect the print quality though. I have recently replaced the black cartridge and haven't printed much to deplete it.
Try the reset - I recommend that it be tried, once. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.