Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a Canoscan 8400F Scanner and am trying to get it to

Customer Question

I have a Canoscan 8400F Scanner and am trying to get it to run on my Windows 8.1x64bit PC. I have previously had it running on a Windows 7 PC which is now defunct. Can you help me solve the problem. Canon have not released a driver for this particular scanner to operate on Windows 8. I know it is possible as I have done a bit of research to try to get it to work but to no avail.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Why exactly do you think this is possible? The reason I ask is because this model is not in any way shape or form supported on windows 8.1 64bit and can not be installed. You could technically get it working in vmware but that's really it. I am also going to opt out and open this to all experts now, please leave the answer to that for the next person.
.