Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Getting alot of static on my c1085 coated stock 100# ***** with

Customer Question

Getting alot of static on my c1085 coated stock 100# ***** with heavy coverage any ideas?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
For printing with that paper stock, check on (or, adjust) the following:
1. if that paper stock was stored in a high(ish) humidity location, then that could affect the problem... damp paper affects quality of print and printing performance.
2. set the toner density lower.
3. grounding should be to something like the framework of the building, not just the floor.
4. what did the 'lot of static' correspond to? a toner cartridge change, a moving of the c1085, changing to the current paper, or something else? whatever 'went with' or 'seemed to cause' the problem must be considered, and appropriate action considered also. Let me know what you can think of, and I will advise you further.
There are several possible things that might perhaps be wrong with the c1085 itself... but, if changing the paper elminates the problem, for instance, or better grounding or lower toner density setting eliminate the problem, then you don't have a 'broken' machine at all, not so much as to the extent of needing a change of cartridge. So let me know; this can be solved.