Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I receive a communication error *43 when sending a fax. Also…

Customer Question
I receive a communication error...
I receive a communication error *43 when sending a fax. Also the machine pulls more that none piece of paper when faxxing
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
5/29/2015
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech. replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.If you are using normal paper, of the type that you have always used (as opposed to switching to a different paper stock, or taking paper out of a storage location that may have been damp and changed the qualities of the paper slightly), then either your paper pickup rollers are getting a bit slippery or otherwise in need of cleaning, or else (perhaps) the paper feed mechanism might be defective... I hope not, so let's try a feed roller cleaning first of all, before assuming that. As for the error *43, that basically indicates a problem communicating. Often that's caused by a line problem:- too much noise on the line- cord came loose, or is damaged or otherwise not fit for service- other problems. So try reseating the phone cord that goes to the fax, at both ends. Also check along its length to make sure it is not damaged or severely bent anywhere.Has your phone service provider changed, or anything like that? that could produce this error too.As for noise on the line, if you have a landline or 'analog'/POTS phone service, then you need (after doing the previous checks, if the error persists on more than one destination number sent to) to contact your phone co. and ask them to do a line noise check because your fax may have indicated noise on the line. They will willingly do a line check as a measure of improving their service, and probably not charge you extra either. As for roller cleaning:If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening.Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again. Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.