Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Office Equipment

I have model L90 fax, it will not let me fax. I can receive faxes but

Customer Question
i have model L90 fax...
i have model L90 fax, it will not let me fax. I can receive faxes but cannot fax out.
it say check scanning area.
I do not know where the scanning area is.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
I am waiting please call when ready. I am walking away from computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/22/2015
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech. replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The scanning area is where the scanner is, that 'reads' the image of the page you want sent.
In your Canon L90, this indicates several things, one of which, that you might be able to fix.
First, unplug the machine.
Second, remove the paper tray and paper stack from the machine, set it aside.
Third, lower the scanning platform (that's what it is called - it's a part on the 'roof' of what you have revealed of the interior of the machine by removing the paper tray).
Fourth, with a clean dry cloth, or perhaps dampened with a bit of warm water... wipe the scanning glass and the white strip above or beyond it, clean.
Fifth, close up the machine, try scanning/sending again, after turning the machine On again.
No this did not fix the problem I asked you call ne
I hope I am not charged. I asked for a call
Unfortunately I am not at liberty to offer a phone call as Additional Service, myself. (I interpreted your request for a 'call' wrongly - and had no means to offer the Additional Service in question.
I have Opted Out - with apologies - in favor of another Expert that can help you with the problem, and deliver the Additional Service of a phone call.
I hope u am not charged. I really do not feel telling someone to turn machine off and on is worth the cost.
You will not be charged for my Answer, unless you approve of it, I assure you.
If there are any further questions you have about billing, payments, the site's terms, etc... please contact Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, through:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
I am sure they will address your concerns with reasonable promptness.
Russell H., Service Tech.