Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Xerox WC4250 was updating firmware and did not reboot said

Customer Question

Xerox WC4250 was updating firmware and did not reboot said 100% and then just hung there with most LED on, need to reset
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
This is not a case, judging by the details you mention about how the printer is behaving, from which much hope is to be derived, I'm sorry to say.
Firmware updates gone awry (for whatever reason - and I suspect that in this case, something else is wrong or at least went wrong with the WorkCentre -) usually cripple or destroy the device's function, unfortunately.
The firmware might have to be rewritten, or the update run again. Barring that, the chips with the firmware might have to be replaced with new chips with the proper firmware on it.