Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years of Experience in Computers and Electronics. Office Equipment Expert.
23511658

Canon Pixma MP490 error message when scanning 2.250.20

Customer Question

Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. I've researched the error codes for the MP 490 and the error code you have provided which is 2.250.20 is not one of the valid error codes they have listed in the service documentation. Can you please check that error and make sure that it is correct. In the meantime, make sure that there is nothing on the class when scanning if you are scanning through an ADF and make sure that none of the paper that is being scanned is hanging up in the scanning process. Beyond that if you would like to give me the detailed error code that it's giving you, I will see if I can provide you some more detailed information. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My problem has not been resolved. I did provide you with the error message I received on my computer screen. The only error message appearing on the printer LCD was the word cancelling. Since you are unable to help me, I will be contacting someone else. Hopefully I am not paying for this request?
Marney
In order to clear the error that says canceling, you must unplug the printer wait a few minutes and plug the printer back in. The message on the printer was the important piece that I was missing.