Office Equipment

The shredder is jammed. We have cleared it of at least 95%of…

The shredder is jammed. We...
The shredder is jammed. We have cleared it of at least 95%of paper stuck in the teeth. We followed the instructions to unjam it - set it to off, bin emptied and in place, pressed and held the jam button - no response - tried reverse - no response. What to do next?
Thank you.... Read full answer
Thank you.
4/13/2014
Russell H., Service Tech.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The mechanisms in these shredders often suffer from chipped teeth or cracked gears or both, under the enormous concentrated stresses of an overload of paper to cut/shred. Your shredder could be repaired, but it would probably cost much less to replace it than to repair it, given the cost of repairman's time versus the cost of the replacement shredder, I'm sorry to say.
Russell H., Service Tech.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Jammed ativa shredder, works in reverse, won't go into aoto.
jammed ativa shredder, works in reverse, won't go into aoto … read more
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan
Senior IT Support Specialist,
Information Technology Management / Computer Science
My Staple paper shredder jam then it goes only reverse the
my Staple paper shredder jam then it goes only reverse the auto does not work even power and auto lights on, how can I do next ! … read more
Service Tech.,
Model xrx-15 shreader -- jammed, but reverse works. oi.
[Second opinion] model xrx-15 shreader -- jammed, but reverse works. oi … read more
Senior Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
Shredder. the lights do not come on anymore except for the
shredder. the lights do not come on anymore except for the basket red light. Is there a FUSE THAT i can change out? … read more
IT Manager,
I have an Ativa 12MC05 paper shredder which I purchased at
I have an Ativa 12MC05 paper shredder which I purchased at Office Depot. Unfortunately, I kept it in its box for a number of months before I set up my office. When I plug it in, place it on the Auto s… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
Having a paper jam message come up on a 6027, there's no
having a paper jam message come up on a 6027, there's no obvious paper in the machine, there was an earlier jam but the paper came out in one piece, tried switching machine off and back on, etc. nothi… read more
GeekGal
GeekGal
IT Director,
Bachelors Degree
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
What type of sensor is in a ativa paper shredder auto grind
what type of sensor is in a ativa paper shredder auto grind light is on, reverse works, sensor wont trigger any more following bad jam cleared out with tweezers did i damage it? is it mechanical?… read more
Service Tech.,
I have a Fellowes shredder and it is jammed in the cutter.
I have a Fellowes shredder and it is jammed in the cutter. Didnt judge the paper thickness correctly . How can I clean the paper out of the cutter. Thanks..… read more
Service Tech.,
My grandson was shredding papers and continued to do so
My grandson was shredding papers and continued to do so until the shredder was up to the top and jammed! Help! I cleaned as much as I could but it is still jammed.… read more
Engineer,
I have shredded one credit card on top of a good bit of paper
I have shredded one credit card on top of a good bit of paper trash and now the shredder will not shred anyhtiing. The motor is reunning in reverse but not in forwarde… read more
Engineer,
There is a spring that came out of the copier and do not know
There is a spring that came out of the copier and do not know where to put back. Copier is not working properly without the spring. Paper keeps jamming just before paper comes out onto tray… read more
Service Tech.,
I have a Xerox document shredder-24 sheet straight cut and
I have a Xerox document shredder-24 sheet straight cut and the motor is working but it will take any papers in. Running in reverse hasn't cleared anything. Does Xerox still make shredders?… read more
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
self employed,
Diploma in applied electronics
Stop searching for answers—
I have a shredder SH8CDCC. I put too thick of papers in it
I have a shredder SH8CDCC. I put too thick of papers in it and it said overloaded. I tried backing it up with no luck. What do I do?… read more
Carl L
Carl L
Master Technician,
I have a shredder with jammed blades beyond repair. Where can I get new blades? ACTIVA DQ
I have a shredder with jammed blades beyond repair. Where can I get new blades? ACTIVA DQ120DN… read more
Service Tech.,
I have a Aurora shredder AS1500C I put to much papers in the
I have a Aurora shredder AS1500C I put to much papers in the shredder and it is completely blocked , I can not use it anymore, the reverse button is also blocked....is it possible to fix it ?? if yes … read more
SLCBTM
SLCBTM
Network Systems Administrator,
I was doing a big shread project I didn't overload my
Hi I was doing a big shread project I didn't overload my fellows 400 but now I can't get it to operate at all. I letit cool done changed places I had it plugged into any thought on getting it to work … read more
Engineer,
Hello, I have just purchased a Canon iSENSYS MF 8330cdn
Hello, I have just purchased a Canon iSENSYS MF 8330cdn for our small medical office and when we unpacked the machine and set it up we tested it by trying to photocopy a single sheet in black and whit… read more
Retired,
My fellowes Shredder stopped shreding, however, the motor works
My fellowes Shredder stopped shreding, however, the motor works when placed in the reverse mode.… read more
dennish1274
dennish1274
Engineer,