Office Equipment

I cannot receive faxes sent to my fax number XXX-XXX-XXXX on…

Customer Question
I cannot receive faxes sent...

I cannot receive faxes sent to my fax number XXX-XXX-XXXX on my Canon MX 512all-in-one machine, although I can send faxes to others from that machine. I use wireless system. My phone number is XXXXX My internet wireless service provider TELUS says they have set up the system from their end perfectly well to work for the fax number as well. They... Read full answer

I cannot receive faxes sent to my fax number XXX-XXX-XXXX on my Canon MX 512all-in-one machine, although I can send faxes to others from that machine. I use wireless system. My phone number is XXXXX My internet wireless service provider TELUS says they have set up the system from their end perfectly well to work for the fax number as well. They advise that I need to contact you (Canon) to get the problem (not receiving faxes on XXX-XXX-XXXX) fixed. PLEASE HELP> The matter is urgent. Thanks. If you cannot contact me at my home number, please call me on my cell number XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thanks. Looking forward to hearing from you. Ranbanda Bob XXXXX. Email:[email protected]

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
1/9/2014
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech. replied 5 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

From the sound of it, Telus has set up Distinctive Ring (DR) service for your phone line, so that for the fax's number it rings one way, and for the voice phone number, it rings another way.

You need to also set up the Canon machine to use DR service, and respond to the DR ring that your Telus line makes. (If you have already done this, then the problem must be in your setting up of Receive Mode settings on your Canon machine, in the Fax Settings.)

Let me know if you need further instructions for setting up the DR setting in your Fax Settings on your Canon machine; if you do, I will give you step-by-step instructions which in that case will hopefully get it fully working.

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My fax Panasonic Model KX-FL511, When I dial number, the fax
My fax Panasonic Model KX-FL511, When I dial number, the fax it is not go through, My fax can receive the fax from other fax.… read more
Service Tech.,
Can not receive faxes, officejet Pro 8600 Plus by HP, PC
Bad storm this past Sunday. AT&T representative here today which supplies land lines and wireless service. … read more
Service Tech.,
It's a fax machine. The machine is calling but the numbers
It's a fax machine. The machine is calling but the numbers are always busy. … read more
Yvette
Yvette
Bachelor of Science
Stop searching for answers—
Having problems receiving fax, and it is set to Fax only
having problems receiving fax, and it is set to Fax only setting … read more
Service Tech.,
I have a canon mx 922 fax machine. I send a fax and I hear
I have a canon mx 922 fax machine. I send a fax and I hear it dialing. On the receiving end I hear the fax "noise" as if the transmission is being received. The screen says "calling..", then rather th… read more
Engineer,
I have a canon IR3025N copier/scanner/fax will not receive
I have a canon IR3025N copier/scanner/fax will not receive faxes but can send ok. Any ideas please… read more
Service Tech.,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
cannot fax anything? everything works ok except when
cannot fax anything? everything works ok except when I hit the start button it rings but does not connect at the other end, it only rings-about 10 times and then shuts off. I tried to fax to 3 differe… read more
I have a canon mx472 purchased about 6 weeks ago. It was all
I have a canon mx472 purchased about 6 weeks ago. It was all working fine then the fax stopped working it would send and not receive, Now it receives and does not send. I have gone thru the setup proc… read more
Engineer,
I have three Hp all in one machines connected to a dedicated
I have three Hp all in one machines connected to a dedicated fax line. All three machines can send faxes but can't receive. I know that only one can receive but since it got moved it is not working. I… read more
Engineer,
Barbara, re: MFC-6490CW Will NOT PRINT FAXES. XXX-XXX-XXXX
Barbara, re: MFC-6490CW Will NOT PRINT FAXES. XXX-XXX-XXXX direct to my desk. I've printed out USER SETTINGS LIST. XXX-XXX-XXXX iPhone so I can be at FAX machine while speaking with you. [email protected]… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
I have a new Brother MFC-7240 telephone/fax. I have a Telus
I have a new Brother MFC-7240 telephone/fax. I have a Telus fax override separate number(NNN) NNN-NNNNbut all the calls come in on the main line phone XXX-XXX-XXXX. I also have Telus voice mail on the… read more
Service Tech.,
Fax function is not working. Phone rings, machine answers,
Fax function is not working. Phone rings, machine answers, processing data light blinks but then after a few seconds the tones chime and nothing prints. There is plenty of paper and it will make copie… read more
Service Tech.,
Stop searching for answers—
My Canon Fax-JX300 reads "Memory Full" and wont allow me to
My Canon Fax-JX300 reads "Memory Full" and won't allow me to fax out a document. I read the manual and did what Page 36 said - There are no documents in memory to delete. Help! I need to fax out an im… read more
Service Tech.,
I have a Richo aficio sp C210sf machine with a dedicated phone
I have a Richo aficio sp C210sf machine with a dedicated phone line for faxes. I wish to terminate the dedicated line and go wireless. How do I do that? Phil [email protected] cell # XXXXX Elaine-m… read more
Engineer,
I have a Brother 7840W Printer. When I go to send a fax and
I have a Brother 7840W Printer. When I go to send a fax and hit the keyboard to enter a phone number, the machine says "Fax number Restricted" and it won't let me dial the number. How do I correct so … read more
Brother LC-51 series Ink, It says poor line condition, / out
Brother LC-51 series Ink, It says poor line condition, / out of memory, what should I do now… read more
Service Tech.,
I own a Canon CP 1250D adding machine. Today for the first
I own a Canon CP 1250D adding machine. Today for the first time the paper feed jams repeatedly. The machine is several years old and this is the first time I have had any prob- lem with it. Can you ad… read more
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It
Technical Lead,
Hi I have just connected my new mf 4550d printer I have a
Hi I have just connected my new mf 4550d printer I have a distinctive ring tone with telstra for the fax machine and standard ring on the same line for telephone calls , at the moment the fax will not… read more
Service Tech.,