Office Equipment

I have a Brother MFC 9125CN printer ths Scanner does not…

Customer Question
I have a Brother MFC...
I have a Brother MFC 9125CN printer ths Scanner does not want to work , we have turned the computer off as well as the printer but it still does not work pleae advise what we should try to get it working again as I use it evry day to send Invoices etc.... Read full answer
I have a Brother MFC 9125CN printer ths Scanner does not want to work , we have turned the computer off as well as the printer but it still does not work pleae advise what we should try to get it working again as I use it evry day to send Invoices etc.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
1/19/2013
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech. replied 6 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech.
I would like to provide information and assistance with regard to the problem mentioned in your question.

But first I will need to ask about some details of the case, before I can offer an appropriate and accurate answer to your question:

- What error message do you get when the scanner fails to work, please? and does the error appear on the computer screen, or on the Brother device itself?

- What operating system (Windows or MAC OS X) is on your computer?

- Is the computer directly connected (e.g. with a USB cable) to the Brother device? or is the Brother device networked in some fashion, wireless or otherwise?

- Try running a photocopy off the Brother device - does that work? if not, with what behavior, error message, or both?

The message says A problem prevented the document from being scannned. Please try again, or for troubleshooting information see help& support ot the information that came with the scanner.

Next Message Scanner

Operation could not be completed (error OxOOOOOO15 the device is not ready.

There was no manual with ths printer when I purchased it.

We run windows and out computer etc are on a modem, sorry I am not very computer literate.

The serial number of my printer is E70603K1J699873 it was purchased June 2012 from Dick Smith Gladstone.

Today we tried reinstalling the printer but no change the scanner does not

work what is my next step I need the scanner working urgently as I am a

property manager and I pay the owners at the end of the month and scan invoices to them and companies that rent the units.

OK. I suggest we try something related to the operating system.

Please go to

Start - Control Panel - System

on your PC, and let me know what the Windows type/version now running on your PC is.

Also please check for the 'System Type', which should be about half-way down the System info window, and should be either 32-bit or 64-bit. Thanks.

I am using Windows 7. 64 bit what is the next move

Before doing the following procedure, please test whether the Brother printer can still do a photocopy. If it can, then there is no problem with the scanner hardware (at least, a 99.5 % probability that there is no problem with it), and you should proceed to carry out these instructions, step-by-step, exactly:

First, disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from both power and computer. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.)

So: turn off, unplug, unplug your printer.

Go to your computer, to the Start button, then to Control Panel, and remove all entries for your printer and its series in Printers, by clicking on each icon (or entry) and deleting.

Then go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and use Uninstall (or Remove or Change/Remove) to get rid of all Brother-made programs specific to your printer. Programs might include the Brother Control Center...

Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again.

Then, go to
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/dlf/000000/004700/dlf004773.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc9125cn_us_as&type2=1&os=93&flang=8&dlid=dlf004773

then click once on blue Download button, click on the I ACCEPT button authorizing the download in the page that appears, and then download the driver-and-software set for your printer.
Save it to disk, then double-click on the downloaded file, and do the driver installation.

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply To Expert " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.

Everything was done and still the same so I believe the printer is faulty and I am not wasting any more time or money trying to fix a lemon .

So my response will be you were of no assistacnce as we had already tried this

Thank you for honestly reporting back as to the (lack of) result of what I advised you to try.

Does the photocopying on the machine still work? if it doesn't, with what error message on the printer itself or its status indicators?
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My Brother MFC-L2740DW printers display only flashes. It
My Brother MFC-L2740DW printers display only flashes. It lost power a week ago during a storm, but was plugged into a surge protector and one of our computers was also plugged into the same surge prot… read more
Service Tech.,
My scanner keeps showing black lines coming down my
My scanner keeps showing black lines coming down my documents when they are loaded on the tray. Brother Printer is the MFC-L67000W … read more
Service Tech.,
I have a Brothers MFC-J451odw printer. I've tried to print
I have a Brothers MFC-J451odw printer. I've tried to print from my office program. It tells me my printer is offline but my fax is ready. I can't see how to turn off the fax and turn the printer on … read more
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Computer Technican,
Stop searching for answers—
Have a MFC 8810 DW. FAX will not send or receive. Has these
Have a MFC 8810 DW. FAX will not send or receive. Has these lines ~~~ and a box symbol above the word FAX on the screen. Need FAXes constantly.… read more
Service Tech.,
I have had a brother MFC all-in-one printer two years. I
I have had a brother MFC all-in-one printer for over two years. I noticed that it stops and gives me an error message sometimes when I use the document scanner and there are more then 4 pages to scan.… read more
Senior Engineer,
I presently have a Brother Printer MFC- 7860DW. I have
I presently have a Brother Printer MFC- 7860DW. I have replced the toner many times but this time I've had a problem...I always used Brother Toners, usually TN450...I obtained a different toner Revolu… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Have a Brother MFC 9840 CDW printer/fax/scanner. It's about 5-6 y
Have a Brother MFC 9840 CDW printer/fax/scanner. It's about 5-6 yrs old so when I got a change drum error msg a few months ago I ordered a new drum which came with 4 new toner cartridges as well. Chan… read more
Service Tech.,
Freddy, I have an MFC 9840 CDW. When someone tries to fax
Hi Freddy, I have an MFC 9840 CDW. When someone tries to fax all they here is a busy signal. I cannot fax out either… read more
Service Tech.,
I have a Brother MFC-J870DW printer and I have troubles scanning via W
I have a Brother MFC-J870DW printer and I have troubles scanning via WiFi. I can print, the printer has a static IP, printer is recognized by Control Center app etc. I am connecting from Windows 7 mac… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
Bought model MFC-J470DW. Wants to know how to operate the
Bought model MFC-J470DW. Wants to know how to operate the fax function. The CD does not have the autorun.exe. My printer was set up by a friend. Please help.… read more
Service Tech.,
Can you help me get Adobe Acrobat 9 to find the scanner on
Can you help me get Adobe Acrobat 9 to find the scanner on my Brother MFC885CW? It prints to the machine, but cannot scan from it.… read more
Service Tech.,
I have a Brother MFC 7860 DW printer/fax/scanner. I honestly
I have a Brother MFC 7860 DW printer/fax/scanner. I honestly do not care right now about the fax and scanner part; however, in my job, I require the printer formy home business. I just purchased an HP… read more
Kraig
Kraig
Broadcast Engineer,
Diploma (Honors)
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Brother MFC-J955DWN inkjet phone/fax/scanner/printer
I have a Brother MFC-J955DWN inkjet phone/fax/scanner/printer that has recently taking to autocleaning around 3 or 4am. This does not go down well at all with my wife or our light sleeping newborn. I … read more
Service Tech.,
I have a Brother MFC-7840W that keeps saying "Fax Receiving
I have a Brother MFC-7840W that keeps saying "Fax Receiving Data" and keeps printing pages with only the words "DeviceStatus?" on it. I've cleaned out all of the printer que's, loaded the latest drive… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
Re: Brother MCF-6800 USB, When I select the printer and rightclick
Re: Brother MCF-6800 USB, When I select the printer and rightclick on 'start scan' it's all good, BUT when I right click on 'Preview' I get the following message: "an error occurred while setting scan… read more
Service Tech.,
I have a MFC-7820N Printer/Fax/Scanner and after some
I have a MFC-7820N Printer/Fax/Scanner and after some computer problems, I had to reinstall the printer software. NOW I CANNOT FAX OR SCAN. THE PRINTER WORKS PERFECTLY. Every time I boot, I get Error … read more
I have Windows 7 (64 bit). I have a MFC 240C and a MFC7360N.
I have Windows 7 (64 bit). I have a MFC 240C and a MFC7360N. I have no problem changing the default printer from one to the other. But when I loaded the 7360N device software, the Brother 240C softwar… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
I have a MFC 215C fax and scanner. I have not used the scanner
I have a MFC 215C fax and scanner. I have not used the scanner for some time but when I tried to scan a document using OCR I got an error message CC3-205-03031f02. Can you help?… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,