Office Equipment

I have a KM-F1060. I am trying to send a fax to a digital…

Customer Question
I have a KM-F1060....
I have a KM-F1060. I am trying to send a fax to a digital fax so that I can receive it in my email as a pdf. I have been doing this for years and it stopped working a few days ago. I had Packet 8, my fax internet provider, test both incoming and outgoing faxes and they worked fine. I keep getting error code [email protected] Read full answer
I have a KM-F1060. I am trying to send a fax to a digital fax so that I can receive it in my email as a pdf. I have been doing this for years and it stopped working a few days ago. I had Packet 8, my fax internet provider, test both incoming and outgoing faxes and they worked fine. I keep getting error code [email protected]
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2013
Technician: andrew.r, Consultant replied 6 years ago
andrew.r
andrew.r, Consultant

Hello, According to the manual for your fax machine, error 408 indicates that the fax machine is unable to understand/process Packet8's confirmation message that the fax has been successfully received. http://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.ca/americas/jsp/upload/resource/15038/0/1060QUICKG-INTER-EMAIL-NETSCAN.pdf I would begin by powering off the fax machine, then unplugging it, and leaving it unplugged for at least five minutes. Plug it back in, power it on, and try sending a fax to yourself. This should equate to a "soft reset" of the machine. Your configuration of the machine will remain intact, but any pending faxes/print jobs will be lost. I'd also like to know - Does this error come up for *any* fax job that you try to send yourself? Have you tried faxing a blank, or more simple/short fax job?

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a Panasonic KX-FL511 fax machine that is not working
I have a Panasonic KX-FL511 fax machine that is not working properly. Sometimes the fax goes through and sometimes we get an error message … read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
Fax 4100e - I have changed the Drum and Toner. I can send
Fax 4100e - I have changed the Drum and Toner. I can send the faxes but can not receive any fax. Reason ?… read more
Engineer,
Documents from my intellifax 2820 fax machine do not go
Documents from my intellifax 2820 fax machine do not go through to efax computers. I do not have any problems with reception when items are sent to conventional fax machines. Can you identify the prob… read more
Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
We have a multifunction Canon IR2018i machine. It has
We have a multifunction Canon IR2018i machine. It has stopped sending faxes and sending to pc's. We can print from the pc, and receive faxes... Please advise what to do. Thanks, Linda… read more
Senior Engineer,
I have a canon mx472 purchased about 6 weeks ago. It was all
I have a canon mx472 purchased about 6 weeks ago. It was all working fine then the fax stopped working it would send and not receive, Now it receives and does not send. I have gone thru the setup proc… read more
Engineer,
Can you help me, I can receive incoming faxes, but cannot send
Can you help me, I can receive incoming faxes, but cannot send outgoing faxes, can you suggest what may be wrong with my set up.… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Barbara, re: MFC-6490CW Will NOT PRINT FAXES. XXX-XXX-XXXX
Barbara, re: MFC-6490CW Will NOT PRINT FAXES. XXX-XXX-XXXX direct to my desk. I've printed out USER SETTINGS LIST. XXX-XXX-XXXX iPhone so I can be at FAX machine while speaking with you. [email protected]… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
I have a new Brother MFC-7240 telephone/fax. I have a Telus
I have a new Brother MFC-7240 telephone/fax. I have a Telus fax override separate number(NNN) NNN-NNNNbut all the calls come in on the main line phone XXX-XXX-XXXX. I also have Telus voice mail on the… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I have a FAX unit (RICOH 1027) that we use every day faxing
I have a FAX unit (RICOH 1027) that we use every day faxing up to 30 different hospitals, giving them medical results of samples that were sent that day to us. We have one hospital that all of a sudde… read more
I have a brother MFC-8860DN. On Monday worked fine in old residence.
I have a brother MFC-8860DN. On Monday worked fine in old residence. On Wednesday we moved. In new home, I just cannot fax. Sometimes it prints out BUSY: BUSY/NO RESPONSE. But the two places I am tryi… read more
Engineer,
Brother Model J615W Problem When I try to send a fax I
Brother Model J615W Problem When I try to send a fax I receive the message "out of memory" This apparently causes the fax machine to keep trying to send the fax and results in the phone ringing period… read more
Engineer,
I have a digital cordless phone, Model KX-TG4011, and I am
I have a digital cordless phone, Model KX-TG4011, and I am trying to connect it into a single phone line with a HP 640 Fax machine. I am using Time Warner digital phone service. The instructions with … read more
Carl L
Carl L
Master Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
Brother LC-51 series Ink, It says poor line condition, / out
Brother LC-51 series Ink, It says poor line condition, / out of memory, what should I do now… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I have a brother intellifax 2820 and my broker has a cannon
I have a brother intellifax 2820 and my broker has a cannon intellifax. He can send me faxes, but his won't receive from mine. He gets error code of incoming machine is not super G3 and I get error of… read more
Engineer,
My CLX 3170 FN has stopped answering incoming faxes. You hear
My CLX 3170 FN has stopped answering incoming faxes. You hear 2 rings, followed by a few very rough-sounding buzzes but the incoming fax is ignored. If you try to call the fax from another line you ge… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I HAVE AN HP SCANJET 3500c IT IS HOOKED UP TO MY DELL PC RUNNINGWINDO
I HAVE AN HP SCANJET 3500c IT IS HOOKED UP TO MY DELL PC RUNNING WINDOWS XP. HOW DO I ATTACH DOCUMENTS TO MY E-MAILS I HAVE TRIED AND ALWAYS GET SCREWED UP. HELP- I AM NOT STRONG TECHNICALLY. THANKS, … read more
Rusty
Rusty
Audio Video Technician,
I have a 1060 fax/copier and have lost the maual. I need
I have a 1060 fax/copier and have lost the maual. I need to start faxing to a new customer and do not know how to set up my CSID ??? So they new customer can identify my faxes ... can you walk me thro… read more
andymf1973
andymf1973
Engineer,
HND Computer Studies
I have a Kyocera Mita KM-F1050 Fax machine, and am getting
I have a Kyocera Mita KM-F1050 Fax machine, and am getting an error message saying Printer Error, Info. Code 021. When I look in the manual for infor code 021 there is no such code listed. I have look… read more
andymf1973
andymf1973
Engineer,
HND Computer Studies