Office Equipment

I have a MFC-7820N Printer/Fax/Scanner and after some

Customer Question
computer problems, I had to...
computer problems, I had to reinstall the printer software. NOW I CANNOT FAX OR SCAN. THE PRINTER WORKS PERFECTLY.
Every time I boot, I get Error Message cco25 saying "Failed to start the Control Center 2.0. The required registry information is missing. Please reinstall MFL-Pro Suite.
I have done this multiple times with no... Read full answer
I have a MFC-7820N Printer/Fax/Scanner and after some computer problems, I had to reinstall the printer software. NOW I CANNOT FAX OR SCAN. THE PRINTER WORKS PERFECTLY.
I have done this multiple times with no success.
What can I do so that the fax and/or scan function will work?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
11/16/2012
Technician: Engineer John C, Equipment Expert replied 6 years ago
Engineer John C
Engineer John C, Equipment Expert
Hello, I am John C., Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please let me know if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Please click Start, then right click "Computer" and select Properties to find out the version.

Also, is the printer connected to the computer with its USB cable?

Thank you

I am using Windows XP Professional Version 2002. I know that this is an old version but I have to connect to my office computer which uses the same software.

Yes the printer is connected to the computer with its USB cable and has been for 5 years. My boss gave me the printer/fax/scanner when I tried to retire 5 years ago and the printer and fax worked great for over three years. Now only the printer functions.

Thank you, Melissa.

Please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely using the Windows Install Cleanup TOOL and then re-install it using the newest available version:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the BROTHER printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool clicking here ----> www.wikisend.com/download/458282 and then click "Download File" to download this tool. Then find the msicuu2.exe downloaded file and Run it (double click it)

4- Remove any BROTHER printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://goo.gl/0s4bG <=== CLICK HERE

And click the "Download" button. When the download is over please run the file

Select OPEN or RUN if prompted. Otherwise click SAVE and save the file to your desktop, then double click it to start the installation.

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer and try to print

If it works, please come back here and leave me a positive feedback (I will show you the rating buttons). I get paid by justanswer.com only when you leave me a good rating.

If you don't come back, I won't be paid by justanswer.com at all.

If it doesn't work, please come back as well and click "Reply to Expert" so we can continue troubleshooting.

Thank you

John C.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Trying to scan documents into a program, Brother mfc 7420.
Brother mfc 7420. running Windows 10. Tried to reinstall from CD ROM. Doesn't seem to want to reinstall … read more
IT Manager,
My MX740 printer/scanner/fax machine is not scanning. I am
My MX740 printer/scanner/fax machine is not scanning. I am receiving this error message 3,202,16. Please advise… read more
Rusty
Rusty
Audio Video Technician,
I have pixma mg 7120. windows 10 operating system. I can
I have pixma mg 7120. windows 10 operating system. I can print but not scan. This is new yesterday. I click on document scan in Quick menu, the screen says "scanner warming up" and after 2 or 3 minute… read more
Rusty
Rusty
Audio Video Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have the MFC8710DW. It won't scan to my pc (Macintosh).
I have the MFC8710DW. It won't scan to my pc (Macintosh). This started after I scanned an usually large number of documents (hundreds of pages). What can I do?… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I upgraded to windows 10 and now scan does not work on my
I upgraded to windows 10 and now scan does not work on my canon color imageRUNNER C1030if. How do I fix this problem?… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
Re MFC885CW, and Win 7 64bit. From CC3 you select ''Receive&
Re MFC885CW, and Win 7 64bit. From CC3 you select ''Receive'' from the fax menu to receive a fax on the PC. The MFC885CW screen indicates "connecting with PC", and then a message on PC says "Fax Recei… read more
Senior Engineer,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Bought model MFC-J470DW. Wants to know how to operate the
Bought model MFC-J470DW. Wants to know how to operate the fax function. The CD does not have the autorun.exe. My printer was set up by a friend. Please help.… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I have a MX870 on a wireless network that works great as a
I have a MX870 on a wireless network that works great as a printer. I can also use it as a scanner by using several scanning software but when I try to use the MP Navigator 3.1 it tells me that the pr… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I have a Brother MFC 7860 DW printer/fax/scanner. I honestly
I have a Brother MFC 7860 DW printer/fax/scanner. I honestly do not care right now about the fax and scanner part; however, in my job, I require the printer formy home business. I just purchased an HP… read more
Kraig
Kraig
Broadcast Engineer,
Diploma (Honors)
Kodak i1120 scanner. Was working fine with Windows XP. Purchased
Kodak i1120 scanner. Was working fine with Windows XP. Purchased new computer with Windows 7. Installed drivers for Windows 7 64 bit computer from here - http://graphics.kodak.com/DocImaging/US/en/Pro… read more
Carl L
Carl L
Master Technician,
Re: Brother MCF-6800 USB, When I select the printer and rightclick
Re: Brother MCF-6800 USB, When I select the printer and rightclick on 'start scan' it's all good, BUT when I right click on 'Preview' I get the following message: "an error occurred while setting scan… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I have Windows 7 and a Canon ImageClass MF3200 multifunction
I have Windows 7 and a Canon ImageClass MF3200 multifunction printer/scanner. I'm pretty sure the scanner has worked with Windows 7, but now when I try to scan, I get the error message: "A supported s… read more
Carl L
Carl L
Master Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
Nikon 5000 scanner, scans of slides produce heavy banding....never
Nikon 5000 scanner, scans of slides produce heavy banding....never been quite right since purchase now all slide scans result in this problem and the hardware crashes… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
My Pixma MX300 wont scan through my Windows 7 PC, although
My Pixma MX300 won't scan through my Windows 7 PC, although it works OK as a printer and a fax. When I try to scan it says the machine is not connected. Strangely it scans perfectly when connected to … read more
Engineer John C
Engineer John C
Equipment Expert,
I have a Canon MP210 Multifunction Printer - w/ Scanner. The
I have a Canon MP210 Multifunction Printer - w/ Scanner. The printer/scanner works fine with an older Win XP machine and when networked to a newer Win 7 (64) HP machine as a printer. I wish to elimina… read more
19matt84
19matt84
Technician,
I have Windows 7 (64 bit). I have a MFC 240C and a MFC7360N.
I have Windows 7 (64 bit). I have a MFC 240C and a MFC7360N. I have no problem changing the default printer from one to the other. But when I loaded the 7360N device software, the Brother 240C softwar… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
I have a MFC 215C fax and scanner. I have not used the scanner
I have a MFC 215C fax and scanner. I have not used the scanner for some time but when I tried to scan a document using OCR I got an error message CC3-205-03031f02. Can you help?… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
When I try and send a fax I get a report saying Fax Report
When I try and send a fax I get a report saying Fax Report is set to off - this is urgent as have a deadline to get fax sent by… read more
Printer Support
Printer Support