Office Equipment

Ask an Office Equipment Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Office Equipment

Hi I have a new canon wireless mg5350 where the printer is

Customer Question
happily printing via wireless but...
Hi I have a new canon wireless mg5350 where the printer is happily printing via wireless but on first use of the scanner today the scanner will not work. Help
Thanks
Chris
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
5/17/2012
Technician: Freddy M., Customer Service replied 5 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. This machine looks for MP navigator in order to scan if you do not have it yet you can download and install it from here: Click Here
Still saying scanner offline or usb not connected( printing still working ok wirelessly)
Try scanning this way and let me know the results.

1. Click Start , point to All Programs , point to Accessories , and then click Paint .
2. Click the icon on the top left corner (looks like a blue box), and then click From Scanner or Camera .
3. Make any desired setting changes.
4. Click Scan .
"unable to retrieve - check connection" error message.
Scanner/printer clicks just prior to error message

Ok that means the twain source has either gotten corrupted or did not install properly.
Please bookmark or favorite this page so you can get back to me.
Then click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)
Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the router.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)
Restart the computer and reinstall the machine.
Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service