Office Equipment

My MX 700 has an error code 5700 what do I do? I have turned…

Customer Question
My MX 700 has an...
My MX 700 has an error code 5700 what do I do? I have turned off the power and disconnected the power cord.... Read full answer
My MX 700 has an error code 5700 what do I do? I have turned off the power and disconnected the power cord.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Office Equipment
3/10/2012
Technician: Freddy M., Customer Service replied 7 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Are you getting the error on the printer or the computer?
Are any of the lights on the machine flashing and if they are how many times do they flash?
On the printer. Light Green and amber both flash all the time.
Ok please follow all of these steps and let me know what happens after you do.
If you get stuck at any point or your are not able to do one of the steps let me know what happens when you try to.
Turn the machine off then unplug it and disconnect the usb cable (if there is one connected if not skip any USB cable steps).
Remove all paper from the machine and then blow out the feed roller and paper tray thoroughly with compressed air three or four times.
Once done plug in back in and insert a single sheet of paper.
Turn the machine on and then connect the usb cable. Then please test the machine and see if the problem is still there.

If it is next remove all the paper from the machine.
Then with a flashlight look very closely at both the paper feed roller, as well as inside the machine around the ink cartridges.
Something as small as a pin stuck in either area could cause this problem.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service

I have removed all the cartridges, but they are not light up. I stll have the erro 5700. on my computer and my printer.

The error is showing on both the computer and printer? Before you said it was only the printer. Are these new cartridges?
That was because I didn't try to print once I had the error. The cartridges are newer, I use this machine all the time.
Disconnect the printer from the computer, then turn it off and unplug it. Wait 60 seconds plug it back in and turn it on. Do not connect it to the computer. Do the lights still flash and do you still get the error on the printer?
Lights flash and the error is still there.
Ok I wanted to make sure as sometimes this can be a false error caused by the computers end but that is not the case if you get the same thing without being connected to it. Unfortunately when none of that works this error refers to the ASF cam sensor. It is also known as the ADF sensor. To fix this the sheet feeder needs to be replaced. Unfortunately this can sometimes be expensive as it is a couple hours worth the work so I would call around for a price. However if the machine is less than a year old this would be covered by your warranty.
So it would be cheaper to buy a new machine.
Unfortunately it can be yes as it would cost around 1.5 hours of labor plus the part to have it fix. The entire machine needs to be disassembled to get down to the bare chassis of the machine.
I am going to look for a new machine, another cannon MX450 maybe?
I personally recommend the MX320 if you can find one. I have used it is my main printer for years and it has never given me any problems. It is also very durable (my 2 year old nephew spilled juice into it once while I was watching him) as long as you clean it every once in a while it will last a very long time. I believe the MX450 is just the updated version of the MX320 so it should be just as good.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
It shows a code C0500, konika minolta bizhub Di2510f, pc,
it shows a code C0500 JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine? Customer: konika minolta bizhub Di2510f JA: What kind of computer are… read more
IT Manager,
My new MFC-9340CDW won't print today. Troubleshooting says
My new MFC-9340CDW won't print today. Troubleshooting says it's turned off but it isn't. The printer section on my computer says it's offline but it isn't because I successfully scanned a page and ema… read more
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Computer Technican,
My Xerox Phaser 8560 is showing Fault 37,016.43:11622, Xerox
My Xerox Phaser 8560 is showing Fault 37,016.43:11622 … read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
We just purchased a used MX-5001N Sharp Copier. We bought it
We just purchased a used MX-5001N Sharp Copier. We bought it from a small business in town (Green Bay WI) they told us the copier is 3 years old and the only thing wrong with the copier is an error co… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
Have error code 077-325 on my xerox 700, tired cleaning
Hi, Have error code 077-325 on my xerox 700, tired cleaning various cog and sensors in that area of machine but am still getting it, any ideas? … read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I have a Ricoh SP C830dn. These lights are on: Main Power, Energy Save
I have a Ricoh SP C830dn. These lights are on: Main Power, Energy Saver. The Check Status light is blinking. But pushing buttons does nothing; the machine stays "off". I turned the main power button o… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Can I fix my Ricoh printer myself if it is telling me that
Can I fix my Ricoh printer myself if it is telling me that the ADF gate is abnormal? Error Code SC 760.… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I am getting error C-1190 on Bizhub C252. Can I just disconnect
I am getting error C-1190 on Bizhub C252. Can I just disconnect the refinisher and reset the error code? Can you tell me how to disconnect and reset the code without the finisher?… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
have a xerox 700 came up fault code 10-319. replaced fuser
have a xerox 700 came up fault code 10-319. replaced fuser unit and it still has the same code. is there a reset of fault codes that needs to be done or is it something else.… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I get error code: 93, XXX-XX-XXXX7 I believe the last time
I get error code: 93, XXX-XX-XXXX7 I believe the last time this happened I had a service call. Please advise… read more
Rusty
Rusty
Audio Video Technician,
How do I reboot my Xerox 7335 Work Center copy machine? It
How do I reboot my Xerox 7335 Work Center copy machine? It is showing the message please reboot 116-317… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
hi i have a canon ipf6300 which gave an error code and asked
hi i have a canon ipf6300 which gave an error code and asked me to switch off and on the printer i did this and now its telling me the front cover is up and will not let me do anything else the front … read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Customer Service,
Stop searching for answers—
My MX 925 is suddenly comming with an error message. USB
My MX 925 is suddenly comming with an error message. USB cable is not connected and the scanner is inactive. Two codes come up code 5,156.69 code 2,156.50… read more
Carl L
Carl L
Master Technician,
I have Sharp MX-M363N copier and scanner.Can not get scanner
I have Sharp MX-M363N copier and scanner.Can not get scanner to work on Vista computer and other windows 7 networked computer.Get message selected server not found and error 949 on other computer… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I HAVE A RICOH MP C300 WITH ERROR CODE SC547 IS THERE SOMETHING
I HAVE A RICOH MP C300 WITH ERROR CODE SC547 IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO TO FIX? AND WHAT IS CODE FOR?… read more
19matt84
19matt84
Technician,
Canoscan Lide 200 have installed it successfully but when
Canoscan Lide 200 have installed it successfully but when I went to do a test scan the Scan gear message comes up : "Cannot communicate with scanner. Cable may be disconnected or scanner turned off. C… read more
Retired,
I have a Xerox Ducucolor 250 with Creo. I just got a fault
I have a Xerox Ducucolor 250 with Creo. I just got a fault code of 012-330 and don't know what this means since I don't have a user guide handy. Please advise, what can I do to fix this fault code? Th… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,