Dr Care
Dr Care, Doctor
Experience:  MD
107032359

FECES IN VAGINA. IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE FECES IN VAGINA

Customer Question

FECES IN VAGINA
JA: The OB/GYN Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE FECES IN VAGINA AFTER AN OSTOMERY REVERSAL?
JA: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: In about 2014 I ;had a h;ysterectomy and after that I had no need to see a doctor again for female problems.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had an ostomy refvrsal only two months ago and I don't know whether to see a gyn or call my surgeon. I need to know which to do asap.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Care replied 17 days ago.
Hello there. I hope all is well. Yes it seems like you may have a fistula as a complication to your surgery. You need to call your surgeon and also see the gynecologist. Most probably they both need to fix it together
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am thinking surgery is the only way to fix this?
Expert:  Dr Care replied 17 days ago.
Yes but it can be fixed