Aaron Branch
Aaron Branch,
Experience:  Attending Physician at Mercy Medical Center
89128835

How can home pregnancy test detect pregnancy 5 days before

How can home pregnancy test detect pregnancy 5 days before missed period when does implantation occur for it to be enough hcg to be detectable

Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will respond back to you soon.

Usually a pregnancy test will begin to be positive around the time of the next expected period, though it may be positive before or after that. The time it takes to become positive depends more on conception than on implantation, and there have been cases of pregnancy tests being positive 6-8 days after the day of conception. Conception depends on when you ovulate, which usually occurs 14 days before your expected period, but can sometimes happen early, as early as 8 days after the first day of your last period. So in some cases, urine pregnancy tests can be positive as early as 16 days after the last menstrual period.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions about any of that, and I would be glad to discuss it with you further.