OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm been having vaginal discharge when I urinate. and there…

Customer Question
Goodafternoon. Doctor's Assistant: Hi...

Goodafternoon.

Doctor's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I'm been having vaginal discharge when I urinate. and there seems to be like a little burning sensation inside my vagina. I went to the doctor and they told me I have a urine infection and gave me antibiotics. but the pills hasn't helped at all

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you dealt with the discharge? Have you experienced this in the past?

Yes it comes and goes

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?

Last month I had one. still waiting for the results

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Ive been having pain for quiet some time in my left and right side

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: OB GYN
7/11/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 days ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

What is your age?

What is the color of the discharge?

Is there any smell?

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
25 whitish sticky a little smell at times
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
don't want the live phone call I'm at work
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
do you think you know what i got?

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
ok. i have to add that i have had more than 6 urine infection last year and also bladder infections
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
these year I've already had more than 2

This is likely to be due to vaginal yeast infection. You may do the following;

1) Probiotic supplement.

2) Monistat vaginal cream.

3) Wear loose, all cotton underwear as they absorb body moisture.

4) Wipe front to back when you urinate or have a bowel movement. Bowel bacteria can infect the vagina.

5) Do not shave the vulvar area as the pubic hair protects against chemicals making contact with the skin.

6) Avoid all chemicals in the Vulvovaginal area.
7) Avoid pantyhose and tight pants such as jeans which trap moisture near in the perineum
8) After exercise or any sweat-producing activity, bathing or swimming, make sure the perineum is air dried., Moist surfaces that rub against each other break down and provide an area for yeast secondary growth,

9) Follow a low carbohydrate diet. Take steroids, antibiotics and oral contraceptives only if very necessary.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
ok

The recurrent antibiotic is the commonest cause of yeast infection.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
what do you mean recurrent antibiotic??

You were taking antibiotics for the recurrent urinary tract infections; so that maybe the reason for it.

Causes of vaginal discharge are;

Non-infective

Physiological

Cervical ectopy

Foreign bodies, such as a retained tampon

Vulval dermatitis

Non-sexually transmitted infection

Bacterial vaginosis

Candida infections

Sexually transmitted infection

Chlamydia trachomatis

Neisseria gonorrhoeae

Trichomonas vaginalis