OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a bump near my clitoris that doesn't hurt or burn and…

Customer Question
I have a bump...

I have a bump near my clitoris that doesn't hurt or burn and I wanted to know what it is and I think it has been there for a while

Doctor's Assistant: How old are you? What symptoms are you having?

I am 24 and I have no symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?

My pap test was late last year early this year and there was no irregularity on that test or previous tests

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The only thing I can think of is that I get ovarian cysts

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/11/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 9 days ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Hello I have a bump near my clitoris and I was wondering what it was

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Is it getting bigger in size?

History of unprotected sex?

Any vaginal discharge?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
it seems to be the same size I don't have unprotected sex and there is no vaginal discharge
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
IT is not getting bigger in size I don't have unprotected sex and there is no discharge

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, there are a large number of glands near the clitoris. Sometimes the ducts of the glands become clogged from dead cells or vaginal secretions or an infection. This could lead to the gland becoming enlarged and inflamed and showing up as a small red bump.

Chances of an infection are less.

Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Do warm water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.

Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.
RepHresh Pro-B probiotic supplement that balances yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health with just one capsule per day.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
is this nothing to be concerned about?

No, there is nothing to worry as long as it's not getting bigger, painful, itchy.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.