OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My wife had cervical cancer in her twenties. She is now 44,

My wife had cervical...

My wife had cervical cancer in her twenties. She is now 44, she's had bleeding when she wipes, for about 6 weeks. And is having trouble going to the bathroom, that started today. She had a biopsy now we are waiting on

Doctor's Assistant: How long has your wife had the bleeding? Has she used any medication for it?

About 6 weeks. Taking ibuprofen for cramps

Doctor's Assistant: Has she seen a doctor about the cramps?

She has a histarecomey scheduled for August 9th

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in her medical history you think the doctor should know?

She had a partial hysterectomy 5 years ago.

7/1/2018
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Hello. Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have been busy taking care of patients and have just now come online. Would you like my help with your question today?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't afford the 50 dollars to call. Did you receive my questions about my wife.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can we type or not?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I assume I won't be charged unless I call. Sorry can't call

I can't call right now

would you like to continue here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
continue here

How can I help with this?

it sounds more like a bladder issue

has she been tested for a urinary tract infection?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No she hasn't, but when the doctor did the biopsy it was very painful for her.

I think she probably got a urinary infection from the procedure

an urgent care visit is in order here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you very much. So you don't think it's cancer?

No. I don't think it is

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She had the pain before the procedure

ok, interesting.

I would get a urine sample for sure

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That pain got worse after the procedure. I'm really worried it's something very serious

You will know soon enough but don't let them miss infection

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you