OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a bartholin gland cyst marsupialized twice 12 years…

Good morning, I had...

Good morning, I had a bartholin gland cyst marsupialized twice 12 years ago. Now I have another one that ruptured yesterday and is trying to drain. gyn wants to remove gland. I am 68 years old and have had scare tissue in vulva area since a surgery at age 18. This may cause this problem with the gland. Should I go to a specialist for removal ? Is it a difficult surgery and how long is recovery?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the rupture? Have you used any medication for it?

Ruptured yesterday. I have been doing site baths for a week and am continuing to massage and have sit baths three times a day. It has not totally drained at this point.

Doctor's Assistant: What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?

If it fills up again, she will do surgery to remove gland. We live in a small area and I am not sure of how often she does this surgery. Is it a difficult surgery ?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing to do with this. No cancer but blood pressure treated with meds.

6/27/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi...it is a simple surgery and most women would be ready to go home with 4 - 6 hours of surgery. You can expect to feel better each day, but you will probably need 2 to 4 weeks to recover.

This is not a major surgery at all.

You need not worry about a major complications at all.

I suggest you go ahead with the surgery which will give you permanent relief.

It is not a difficult surgery at all.

Another thing - if it will make you feel comfortable...any doctor will not attempt anything which is out of her or his expertise.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi..I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.