OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My period has been off it’s been very light and and when I…

Customer Question
My period has been...

My period has been off it’s been very light and brown and when I get it, my vaginal itches in a certain spot

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No I’m just getting over the flu but not to long ago the same thing Happened again with my period except one side of my labia was swollen

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The swelling is gone to and nope!

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: OB GYN
5/31/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 23 days ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D., board certified obgyn, and I can respond but it would help if I knew your age and how often do you get flow like a period?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
18 and normal I get it
You need to have an exam as you might have an infection brewing. The swelling was a warning sign.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Okay thankyou so much! I have my appt July 15th and that’s the earliest they can get me in is that gonna affect anything in that time from now
That’s too long, try to get an earlier appointment
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I’ll keep trying! This only happens when I get my period though when I’m off it everything is normal
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 22 days ago
Ok