OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am looking to speak to a fibroids specialist. I have. I am…

Customer Question
I am looking to...

I am looking to speak to a fibroids specialist

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes I have. I am on Lupron

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Well fibroids I learned to run in my family. I have been diagnosed as anemic and have know about my fibroids as of last year. I do wish to become pregnant. I don’t have any kids. I am 30 years old now and am suffering from heavy bleeding now. My existing doctor thinks my body is not responding to the Lupron anymore and stated he doesn’t want to prescribe me anymore. He thinks I may have to go for another blood transfusion if my heart starts racing again. I’ve had four blood transfusions already with my hemoglobin dropping to a 4.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

No just that they have had high blood pressure. Lately, it seemed to be pretty good. I wasn’t as tired and I was starting to become more active. Only yesterday was when things completely turned around for the worst.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: OB GYN
5/30/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 24 days ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D., board certified obgyn, and I can respond shortly.
You need to find a gynecologist with experience handling fibroids of the uterus. Bleeding like you describe is unacceptable, and you need to find a doctor that can remove the fibroids and repair the uterus with skill and imagination. Over the years, I did extensive surgery to remove the fibroids and restore the uterus to its prime function, pregnancy and childbirth. I lost track of a database I created, back when programs were sparse, that could show the uterus can recover extensive repair of the uterine anatomy. I didn’t see problems in delivering these patients, mostly doing a csection to avoid challenging the repaired uterine integrity. You need to find an older gynecologist who has data you can trust. I hope my information can be helpful. I don’t do surgery anymore, and I’m not sure where the best surgeons are located.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you Dr. Manos! I am in the process of prepping for surgery soon.
I’ll pray that your surgeon will trust your healing system, and strengthen your reproductive capacity.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it
You’re welcome