OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had clear watery discharge for about a week and a slight…

Customer Question
I had clear watery discharge...
I had clear watery discharge for about a week and a slight itch on the outside of vaginal opening. No odor. Saw the dr on Friday who after examining me thought I was just secreting lots of discharge from glands. I am perimenopause. She didn't do any cultures due to what she saw in the exam. So over the weekend started itching a little more than ususal on the entrance to the vagina right as you go inside on the edges. Anytime I touch this area, the itching can get stirred up. I was wandering if it would be okay to try vagisil with cortisone just to see if it helps or can cortisone actually promote yeast growth? I would only use a few times to see if it helps.
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
would like to add something. I take a calcium channel blocker that is time released and was reading that all of the azole antifungals are a contraindication. So if I did have yeast not sure what to take?
5/29/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 27 days ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I am so sorry to hear about your clear white discharge.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Any thick white discharge now?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
53 years. When I washed this morning I did notice the discharge on the wash rag was white and a little thicker than the clear watery stuff I had last week, but I don't get this everytime I wipe only sometimes.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having clear watery discharge for about a week and a slight itch on the outside of vaginal opening and now having slight thick white discharge seems to be initial stage/mild yeast infection.It is one of the most common infection in females.

Following is recommended for you now:

· Apply ointment monistat vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription & will help you greatly.

· Probiotics are one of the most important parts of a Candida albicans/yeast infection cure..There are many brands of probiotics easily available as over the counter at your pharmacy.

Yes,you can use vagisil anti itch cream. This will provide symptomatic relief.

Cortisone should be avoided as it promotes yeast growth.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I take Diltiazem ER and there seems to be a contraindication even with the azole creams. Says that can increase levels of Diltiazem. Just concerned taking together. What are your thoughts on this? Also would applying cortisone just a few times increase yeast growth? Just thought I would try it and see if it goes away

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,as you are taking Diltiazem ER ,there can be interaction with miconazole cream (monistat).

Miconazole may will increase the level or effect of diltiazem hcl oral by altering drug metabolism.

Following is recommended for you:

If still the symptoms persists,then you need to be prescribed with other groups of anti fungal medications (other then azole's).

• Use boric acid vaginal suppositories to regulate vaginal pH.

• Use vagisil anti itch cream. This will provide great relief.

• · Probiotics are one of the most important parts of a Candida albicans/yeast infection cure..There are many brands of probiotics easily available as over the counter at your pharmacy.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Is there any yeast cream that doesn't react with Diltiazem?

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The creams usually does not interact with Diltiazem.

It is the oral medications of azole group that increases the level or effect of diltiazem & may cause side effect.

The anti fungal creams such as monistat vaginal cream can be used.It prevents & treat the yeast infection.

Oral anti fungal of azole group should be avoided.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
how come you said the creams would interact in your previous response?

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

I am sorry about the misunderstanding.

I mean to say that miconazole oral tablet/buccal will increase the level or effect of diltiazem hcl oral by altering drug metabolism.

You can go ahead & use miconazole cream (monistat). This has no interaction with diltiazem.

Also use boric acid vaginal suppositories to regulate vaginal pH. This will further help to hinder/stop the growth of fungus.

Thank you

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Are there any vaginal creams for yeast that are not azole class of drugs? Will hydrocortisone cause yeast to grow if I don't have a yeast infection? LIttle hesitant of boric acid. As I skin sensitive to some products. Little nervous it will cause burning sensation. I haven't itched all day. If I had a yeast infection would I be itching consistently.