OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I’m on Estroven. I’m taking one pill a day. You said that I…

I’m on Estroven. I’m taking...
I’m on Estroven. I’m taking one pill a day. You said that I would need to take more than 4 pills up to 10. Is this correct.
I’m also in saw palmetto Vitex flax seed oil and Solaray female hormone blend
I’m looking to make my breast bigger. Am I doing the right thing
5/29/2018
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D., board certified obgyn, and many years aiding women in their health needs. I’m well versed in all estrogen products, including prescription synthetic estrogen, and “natural” sources of plant estrogens. I will continue my response,as it is very important to your well-being. I need to know your age, height and weight.
59 5’9” 160
Thanks for your promptness. You obviously take good care of yourself by your height and weight. Your age is an asset, as you can discern your basic life needs better than in your earlier days. I’ll continue in a moment.
Solaray female blend is similar to estroven. They have lots of plant estrogen sources that help the menopause. These estrogens are not nearly as potent as animal source products, such as the old Premarin product sourced from pregnant mare urine. Interestingly, plants produce small estrogen particles that screw up the reproductive cycles of small animals, such as rabbits, so there is a balance of plants and herbivores. Humans taking plant estrogens will have some benefit in the menopause. Considering taking ten capsules daily of estroven may be trouble, and costly. Enhancing breast size may have risk as far as things such as breast cancer. Your body’s immunity function may be weakened by all the nutritional products available. Immunity monitors the germs and little cancer cells that challenge the body everyday. As we age, our immunity weakens, and we see cancers that were eliminated by our cancer-killing blood cells. I don’t know what estroven or solaray products do to your body’s integrity. You can Google these products to see what’s in them, and judge for yourself. We all have the ability to consider the choices before us, and the path to peace of mind. I hope you are helped by my knowledge of the subject, but the wisdom to choose is a vital piece of the puzzle.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN