OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Dr lim only My daughter is about 8 weeks She’s got a

Dr lim onlyHi again. My...
Dr lim onlyHi again. My daughter is about 8 weeksShe’s got a horrible pain in her neck
Can we use aspercream?
What type of pain reliever can she use?
I’m seeing some people say yes and some say no
5/25/2018
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified OB/GYN
The safest pain medication to take during pregnancy is acetaminophen or Tylenol. Do you have that available for her to take?
How is her nausea by the way, is it better?
We think she had a stomach virus. She was hospitalized for two days because of the dehydration. She’s not near as bad as she was, but she’s still nauseas and can’t really eat. We are trying the b6 and ordered the script you suggested. She pulled something in her neck from vomiting and is in a lot of pain. I made ginger water.
Thank goodness she is better. Hopefully, she will continue on the road to recovery. Tylenol is safe to take. A warm compress or if you have heating pad, that should help relax her neck muscles as well.
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified OB/GYN