OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been spotting on and off since 5/12. OB put me on bed…

Customer Question
I have been spotting...

I have been spotting on and off since 5/12. OB put me on bed rest until 5/21. Been in and out of the hospital for bleeding, sharp shooting pains and UTI. I currently came back to work and I’m a pharmacy tech. So I’m on my feet a lot, I’m still having the sharp shooting pains, no bleeding, super dizzy to where i could just pass out, and agonizing pain in my stomach like it’s upset. I’m not sure if i should go back to the hospital, ask for a leave of abscense for work or what. I’m not myself and i don’t feel good and i just wanna cry.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Some vomiting here and there but mainly nausea. For a week or two now.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’m 8 weeks pregnant. My first child is 5 years old and with him i had hyperemisis gravidurm

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
5/25/2018
OB GYN Doctor: medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 2 months ago
medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I shall be consulting you today.

You should go back to the hospital and take a leave for another week or so.

You should not be working as you're not well.

Continuing work would affect your health as well as your work.

Vomiting and nausea are suggestive of hyperemesis gravidarum.

So I would suggest you take rest.

Let me know if you have any queries