OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm having 2 periods per month. There is a fleshy small mass…

I'm having 2 periods...

I'm having 2 periods per month. There is a fleshy small mass coming out of my vagina, that looks like vaginal wall. It doesn't hurt. My hair is falling out, and I have severe lower back pain that is reoccurrent. I waited a month to get a pap smear, my appointment was Wednesday and they never saw me. I sat in the exam room for an hour and a half and had to leave. I can't see my regular doctor until July 24th I just want some answers...

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I'm in pain every day of some sort. My periods are usually regular this is the first month that I had two of them. And it wasn't spotting, they were both definitely periods

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes I let the nurse know at the appointment I was supposed to have, that uterine cancer and endometriosis runs in my family

5/25/2018
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, my name is***** and I am a women’s health physician.
Can you tell me your age/ gender?
If you are concerned about this fleshy mass in the vagina and have a photo of it, I can try to help identify it for you.
When was the last time you had blood work - I am particularly interested in your thyroid test results.
Are your currently sexually active? Are you on birth control?
Having 2 cycles in one month is not unusual as our menstrual cycles can be affected by so many factors - our diet, exercise, stress levels, sleep etc.
You obvious want to have a Pap smear done as it important. I am sorry you weren’t able to get it done today. If you are concerned and you are flexible, you can contact your doctor’s office everyday for a cancellation and ask if you can be entered into that open slot. Another option is to find another doctor that has an earlier available date for you to be seen.
I'm not sexually active, haven't been for 3 years. I'll try to get a picture the mass there is at the bottom of vaginal opening and looks kind of bubbly and it is white/light light pink in color. I was hoping to get blood work done at the appointment I had scheduled on Wednesday but I never even got a chance to see the doctor.
I am under extreme amounts of stress in life right now, so it could be attributed to that.
I will try to help you identify this mass.
And as soon as you are able to get into the doctor, it would be best so that you can have a comprehensive exam including blood work.
This is a picture of it
Thanks- I am reviewing it now - how long ago did you notice it?
I definitely need blood work. I've got a good friend who is a phlebotomist at a hospital and she said it's sounds like I have hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism aside from the gynecologist concerns I have. The mass on my vagina is painless. Only reason I Know it's there is because I look at myself in the mirror down there occasionally
I noticed it a few months ago. Should have had it checked sooner I know
To be honest I bought a sex toy some time ago that is on the large side. It was too big and I stopped using it it hurt when I used it.. I noticed the mass after I was using it for a while I don't know if it's caused by trauma or what
Thank for the info. Though the picture is not super clear, these lesions do not look like cancer to me. It is possibly due hypertrophy or swelling or the vagina tissue for one reason or another. It is not a kind of prolapse so nothing is coming out of you.
Thank you that does give me some relief..I'm calling around to find an appointment for a pap and blood work.
You’re welcome. In pretty sure you will be able to find an earlier appt elsewhere. Two months is a long wait. Take care and I hope everything works out for you.
If you were satisfied with my response, please consider giving me a 5 star rating so I may get credit for assisting you, thanks!
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified OB/GYN
I sure will thank you
You’re welcome, stay well and take care.