OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was one week late for my period. So 2 days ago I took an…

Customer Question
I was one week...

I was one week late for my period. So 2 days ago I took an at home urine pregnancy test and the results were positive for being pregnant. Last night, I started bleeding, and it looks like I am having my period. I suspect I am having a chemical pregnancy or early miscarriage. What should I do ? I have absolutely no pain.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I have absolutely no pain. It just looks like I am having my period. My periods have been pretty regular.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had an abortion about 10 years ago and that was the first time I every got pregnant. The Dr. said if I want to have a child I suppose to get some kind of shot. But unfortunately, I don't recall the name or reason for the shot

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
The pregnancy test I took was first response triple check. It has 3 urine stick readers all 3 tested positive for pregnancy
5/25/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 2 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Yes, this is likely to be a chemical pregnancy or early miscarriage.

Usually, nothing needs to be done as you do not have any symptoms.

If you have excessive, bleeding, you may need to consult your doctor.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5-star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.