OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I started my period My period on May 12 it lasted for four…

Customer Question
I started my period...

I started my period My period on May 12 it lasted for four days now today I wake up and my period is on again. It’s only been 14 days why is this happening my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for two years and I haven’t been able to get pregnant my period was like clock work until this year started I’m 28 years old he is 32 we both have a kid from a previous relationship. What is am I doing wrong?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I feel some light cramping in my side my periods were regular every 28 to 27 days until this year started they been coming soon 11-16 days apart

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No haven’t had any health issues had Irregular Pap smear that they biopsied it was nothing last year

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
5/25/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having irregular periods.

what are you eating?

some women do better cutting out gluten, white flour, pasta bread and milk and sugar and soda out of their diet as these can be inflammatory and cause hormone imbalances.

eating more organic meats and eggs can help your hormones as well

what is your height and weight?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do eat a ton of bread pasta and sugar because I don’t drink soda I drink A lot of juice and water. My eating habits are really bad some days I go without eating at all but most days I have at least two meals a protein vegetable and a starch and I’m 5”7 and 160 pounds

juice is a lot of sugar and no fiber

I would rather you eat the whole fruit and cut out juices completely

I bet cutting out gluten, white flour, sugars and eating more protein and fruits and vegetables and eating more regular meals

and eating more organic meats and eggs can help you get your periods back more to normal

and increase your chances for pregnancy

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you believe my issues are diet related so this seems pretty normal

fixing your diet is the first step to improving your health and your hormone levels.