OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Just turning 51 having the worst periods of my life i want a…

Customer Question
Just turning 51...

Just turning 51 having the worst periods of my life i want a hystectomy i have been to two OB Gyn who will not do it! why is that? mu sister was just diagnosed with stage four uterine Ca ! i would think i would be a good cand to have a hystectomy.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes as far as frequency and long periods? i was bleeding non stop in 2016 i was anemic and placed on low dose BC i had a stroke by end of 2016 i can no longer take BC or estrogens

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have one healthy child when i was 31 had a hard time getting pregnant.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
4/3/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

with your stroke history, you may have an increased risks for blood clots which can be dangerous if you have surgery.

i have a wonderful neurologist who will follow me closely. i stay home for the first two days of my period from work because they are such an issue.

a uterine ablation procedure may help with decreasing bleeding without a hysterectomy

the ablation has been brought up i just worry it could cover up any potential issues? or is that not true? my sisters uterus was biopsied three times before it was biopsied correctly to diagnosis stage 4 cancer

the ablation will not over up issues

chance for uterine cancer is small.

you may have to travel to larger academic medical centers to see a gyn doctor who can do a hysterectomy for you.