OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Got a wax 2 weeks ago. Got treated for what I thought was a…

Customer Question
Got a wax 2...

Got a wax 2 weeks ago. Got treated for what I thought was a uti and started to feel better but then started my period, and I’m allergic to pads. Now I have Severe burning in my vagina now inflamed.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

In pain. Burning badly. Very regular. Just started Thursday and ended Monday

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Very inflamed and burning.
4/3/2018
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 21 days ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any blisters or rash?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Not that I can see or feel. No

what antibiotic did you take?

the UTI might not be treated?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Macrobid
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
For 7 days. I just finished the last dose this morning

The UTI might be resistant to macrobid

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I was feeling better for a couple of days but now the burning is back. I should also add that I started my period while on the antibiotics and I’m allergic to pads so I always get a little irritated afterwards but this is way worse. I don’t feel the need the urinate often like before though

Ok could it just be the irritation from your period?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No it feels worse this time. The burning is way worse than normal

I suspect you have a full blown bacterial infection of the vagina called vaginitis

it is treated with different antibiotics than the UTI

I think you need a course of keflex or augmentin for this

you need seen again unfortunately

I'm sorry you are suffering so bad with this

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
How can I get the treatment? Is it possible it can go away on its own?

You will have to go to urgent care or ER

I doubt it will go away

I'm sorry

OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 16 days ago

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star services for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor