OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been on my birth control pill for over 15 years, i am…

Customer Question
I have been on...

I have been on my birth control pill for over 15 years, i am 35. I have never had an issue! But in the past couple months I have gotten my period early while still on the pill, then still some bleeding on my placebo pills! I am just wondering why and I am worried! As this has never happened to me before

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you used pill? When did your last period begin?

I have used my pill for over 15 years and I am currently what I am assuming on my period now

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

My last Pap test was awhile ago, and no non of those symptoms but a heavier flow than normal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not at all

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 20 days ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing changes in your menstrual cycle. There are several reasons this can occur and the most common is that you have a change in your bodies hormone levels. Since your last PAP was "a while ago" may I suggest you schedule an appointment with your Doctor to get a PAP and blood tests for hormone levels. To correct your irregular cycle may just require changing the birth control pill you are taking. This does not sound like a major medical problem and certainly, this does not suggest cancer. The other possibility related to your bodies hormonal changes could be that you are going into perimenopause. This will be determined by the blood tests.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Any additional thoughts, questions?

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor