OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago with no complications at…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I had...

Second opinion] I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago with no complications at all. Everything has been great. No hormone replacement therapy and I have not had any decrease in sex drive nor in wetness....it’s like a waterfall. Today my hubby & I were getting a bit frisky and had some fingering action but not much and had to stop for doorbell. I went to restroom and there was a lot of blood coming from my vagina and it’s been stinging since. Whenever I have to pee it’s almost unbearable and I’m still bleeding. What is going on with me?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don’t have any diabetes although I’m the only one in my family but I get tested every quarter. Nothing really in my medical history at all except hysterectomy due to a cyst on right ovary and heavy periods

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. I just came online to see that you had been waiting for some time so ill quickly answer this question for you. Actually bleeding of this sort which occurs immediately after sexual intercourse can be due to a number of conditions. The first one which comes to mind is that you could have experienced trauma during sexual intercourse which can lead to this sort of bleeding. The pain while urinating can also indicate that this can be due to trauma. A simple pelvic examination along with an ultrasound would be diagnostic. The treatment would be with tbe help of painkillers and avoidance of sexual intercourse until the area heals. Other medications can be used depending in the severity of the trauma.
Yet another cause could be associated with an infection in the region which was developing before intercourse and was worsened by the physical activity. Again a pelvic examination along with high vaginally swab and ultrasound would be diagnostic and this would be treated with antibiotics.
But the fact is that if you have severe pain and are persistently bleeding then you need to be evaluated as soon as possible in the er and i would suggest you proceed there right now. In the meantime you can use over the counter ibuprofen to control the pain.
Do you have anymore questions?
Please remember to leave a positive rating as that is how we are compensated for helping you today