OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I burned my vigina and the skin below the and down to the…

Customer Question
I burned my vigina and...
I burned my vigina and the skin below the and down to the butt sitting in a too hot sitz bath ive tried a d ointment and triple ointment and ketoconazole cream. I don't know what to do I cant sit, its raw please advise
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
4/2/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Das, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr.Das
Dr.Das, Doctor

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Home treatment for burns should be done only when the area of burn is small - less than 2-3 inches in diameter. Also, the degree of burn should be assessed by a doctor.

Please apply a cool pack over the area. Then you will need to apply ointment like Silvadene or Sudocreme which is available without a prescription. It is a soothing ointment which forms a protective layer over the burn.

Take a painkiller like Motrin or Advil to decrease the burning and raw sensation.

Wear loose clothes.

If the raw sensation does not decrease in the next 24 hours, please see a doctor.

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating ( 5 stars) to leave feedback.

Thank you.