OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have taken a pregnant test and it was positive and I went…

Customer Question
Hello.. I have taken...

Hello.. I have taken a pregnant test and it was positive and I went to a clinic were they gave me a ultrasound and they were not able to find any signs of pregnancy.. So she assumed I was earlier than I expected or that I should go to the emergency room to make sure its not an ectopic pregnancy. I went to a different place for a second opinion and the still had trouble finding a pregnancy although the test still shows positive.. And after 3 nurses came to check it was concluded that I probably miscarried because she was able to find what she thought was a empty deflated sac.. My last period started on 2-1-18 and I'm starting to have slight pain on my left side ovary area.. Is that normal for miscarriage or should I still be concernd about an ectopic pregnancy

Doctor's Assistant: Is she using any contraceptives? When did her last period begin?

No contraceptive last period was 2/1

Doctor's Assistant: When was her last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

Last pap test was 12/2016 no other symptoms

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: OB GYN
3/31/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 19 days ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I hope someone did a blood pregnancy test to measure the pregnancy hormone, HCG, and have the exact level by the quantitative test. If it’s over 1500, they should see something on ultrasound. If it’s less than 500 then it may be a miscarriage. I hope you get the proper way we evaluate early pregnancies. In you case, the blood test, and not the urine, will help clear up questions. Thanks again for using Justanswer.
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 14 days ago
What’s happened?
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN