OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Just nervous.. Had a marsupilization on a bartholin gland.

Customer Question
Just nervous.. Had a...

Just nervous.. Had a marsupilization on a bartholin gland. The dr did a biopsy because the drainage was dark brown..i noticed the next day after i was cleaning myself that i also had a seollen lymph node on the same side in my groin area

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

I just noticed the lymph node yesterday morning

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Ive had bartholin cysts on and off for a long time. But im only 33 31

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 21 days ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Is the lymph node tender?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Are you there?

Ok.

This lymph node is just related to the inflammation from the gland

It should resolve in a the course of 1-2 weeks

If it doesn't, you can have an ultrasound but I'm highly confident it will

warm compresses can help

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Why would the fluid have been dark brown? Its never been before

If there is some old blood in the gland it will be dark brown

it is not cancer or anything like that

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor