OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Can epstien Bar affect u vaginally. My daughter has taken…

Customer Question
Can epstien Bar affect...

Can epstien Bar affect u vaginally

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

My daughter has taken stuff for yeast , bacteria , was on dyoxie which made her sick but seemed to help the symptoms, then they came back , she was put on climdamyicin did better taking that but when it was done symtoms r coming back . 4 months ago her epstien bar was at 160 n rechecked it is still at 160 n should be below 30

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

When they first ran tests to c what was up with her physically it showed she was exposed to Parvovirus n we determined she most likely picked that up spending 2 yrs in the peace cops in Jamaicia s most remote area. N the epstien Bar . this was found after she spent a few weeks working wild fires in the west n being on the front lines she came home to begin getting run down n not coming out of it before that she rarely ever got sick

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/30/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD

Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. No, EBV (Epstein Barr virus) does not generally cause any vaginal symptoms or disease. EBV is the virus that causes infectious mononucleosis so it can explain feeling run down, fatigued and unable to do one's normal activities. Can I answer any other questions for you?

Her numbers for epstien bar have remained at 130 for 4 months n they should be 30? Her metobolic panel they say is with in normal range, She can only get 6 hrs of sleep a night . She is worrried I am worried. When she came back from a wildlands firefighting mission is when she became sick. When she was tested after not feeling herself and back to work in the National Forrest, her platelets were dangerously low n while she was traveling got a phone call that said she needed to get to a hospital for platlets n she recieved 2 pints ? Then was released only to after time begin with the GYN issues that will not resolve , HELP
Why am I talking to a pediatriition ????????
I am talking about a 30 yr old woman
I'm sorry but I am upset , I do not have extra money to spend : I myself am disabled n struggling from side effects of west nile misdiagnosed causing my immune system to set me up for a degenerative muscle disease that has robbed me of a good quality of life !!!! I am trying to reach out for my daughter to avoid her having her deal with prolonged dealing with the doctors that do not seem to follow her situation closely and help her through this in her young life
I cannot continue with a Pediatrician when this is a GYN issue that has been going on with her for months, I will not continue because I was giving up paying an electric bill to give this a try to get answers , sorry to have wasted your time

I see. I am very familiar with EBV and many GYN issues that older adolescents and young adult women deal with but I understand if you prefer a different physician. I sincerely ***** ***** are able to find some answers soon to help your daughter with her difficult situation. I will opt out so another physician may address your concerns.