OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Weird question! I was doing research on my cervix and have…

Customer Question
Weird question! I was doing...
Weird question! I was doing research on my cervix and have always thought mine was strange. Mine is not located at the very back of my vagina. It feels like a smooth, round protrustion from the front of my vaginal wall. There are several more inches of opening behind it that are NOT part of the cervix (as in the opening doesn't go through the cervical hole), rather than my cervix simply being a hole at the back of my vagina. Is this normal? Should it feel like a small extra limb inside my vagina?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/30/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it is very difficult to examine your own vagina and cervix

best to see a gyn doctor to get an examination to see if your cervix and vagina are normal or not