OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

J. I read online that my symptoms (late painful bleed) could…

Customer Question
Hi Dr J. I read...
Hi Dr J. I read online that my symptoms (late painful bleed) could be a sign that I did conceive but the implantation failed. If that's the case, what should I look into in order to prevent this from happening again. What causes implantation failure? Thanks!
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/30/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 3 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Good morning.

If this has just happened once in the absence of a positive pregnancy test (because a pregnancy test will turn positive if an egg is fertilized by a sperm, once that embryo starts making enough pregnancy hormone called beta HCG, regardless of where or how or when it implants), I don't think we can make any kind of assumption about it yet.

If you've been trying for over 6 months though, it might be time (if you wish) to talk to an obgyn about some testing to see exactly what the problem is.