OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have missed my periods about 18 days. I have done

Customer Question
Hello doctor i have...

Hello doctor i have missed my periods about 18 days

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Nope

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have done ultrasound and Bt(ecg) blood test also i take home test with strips but all are negative

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/29/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Are you on any medications?

Apart from pregnancy there are other causes of missed or delayed periods;

1) Ovarian hormone dysfunctions

2) Thyroid hormone abnormalities

3) Stress, anxiety, emotional disorders

4) Sudden weight loss or gain

5) Excessive physical activity

6) Hyperprolactinemia

Read the resource under the heading secondary amenorrhea;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/amenorrhea/DS00581/DSECTION=causes

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.