OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I haven’t had a period in 4 years and doctor has already…

Customer Question
Hello, I haven’t...

Hello, I haven’t had a period in 4 years and doctor has already confirmed menopause. I used to take bio identical hormones. In a relationship and just want to co firm no chance of becoming pregnant!

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Like what

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: OB GYN
3/29/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 24 days ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from justAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Since you have gone through menopause and have not had a period in 4 years, it is impossible for you to become pregnant.

Even post-menopausal women that are actively taking hormone replacement therapy, it is impossible to become pregnant. And that is true regardless of whether it is pharmacologic or bio-identical hormones. Hormone replacement therapy can cause some post-menopausal women to have periods again, but they still cannot get pregnant.

There have been some fertility treatments that have been studied to induce pregnancy in peri-menopausal women, but that is far more than simple hormone replacement therapy.

Sp, there is no reason for you to be concerned that you might get pregnant as you start a new relationship.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok thank you . Is there a way your body would trick you and give symptoms like nausea
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I was just alerted a. $32 charge when I disclosed my baking info it was for $5 . Are you able to assist ?

Absolutely, even far more than nausea. The human mind can cause many symptoms of pregnancy, even weight gain and enlargement of the abdomen, which would be called false pregnancy or pseudocyesis.

The medical experts cannot see or address financial issues with the system, but you can send an e-mail to customer service at***@******.*** or by phone at(###) ###-####

OB GYN Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 23 days ago

After you are done with customer service, if you have any additional questions that you would like me to address, please let me know.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor