OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

A little back story to my problem I had protected sex two…

A little back story...

A little back story to my problem I had protected sex two days after I started my birth control. I was paranoid so I took plan b just to make sure I lowered my chances of pregnancy. So now I’m suppose to be on my period this week but I am just spotting a little bit like it’s looks like I’m on my last two days of my period because it’s a darker red or almost like old blood this has been happening for about a week. I’ve already taken multiple pregnancy test and they are all negative. Did I throw off my cycle?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No I have no pain and I’m pretty regular on my periods

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just that I recently started taking birth control for about a month including taking the plan b

3/28/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The spotting is most likely due to hormonal changes due to pill and the plan B and spotting is expected with them along with delay in period .

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

will I get my normal period this week or will I have a proper period next month

Thanks for the reply.

You can get your period anywhere in 1 to 3 weeks as it gets delayed.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor