OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve had intercourse with a couple sexually active with

females who have had other...
I’ve had intercourse with a couple sexually active with females who have had other male partners. Should I get tested for STD’s?
3/28/2018
Dr. Vakul Aren

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and i have over 37 years of clinical experience,I will help with your query.If you have been having multiple sex partners who have had other partners,yes it would be prudent to get a complete STD testing (including HIV 1 and 2 )done.This would be imperative if you have not been religious about using protection/condom every time.This will ensure your sexual health as well as that of your family and other partners in the future.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I used a condom in each interaction, although where do you recommend I get tested?

You can get tested at your doctor's office,Local Planned Parenthood health centre and local health clinics.the charges at the planned parenthood health centre and local health centres are low ,your insurance will also cover your STD tests.The fact that you used condoms religiously reduces your STD risk to very low risk.

Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren
Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor