OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was raped and I would like to know what happens with the…

Customer Question
I was raped and...

I was raped and I would like to know what happens with the body after anal sex

Doctor's Assistant: How old are you? What symptoms are you having?

56 and stomach hurting

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?

Earlier last year and no

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Inflammatory disease

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Also a fractured right hip after being raped
3/28/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 27 days ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im very sorry to hear about your situation. Can i ask what is our specific medical question? Are you asking whether any gastroenterological disease can develop after having anal intercourse? Or are you concerned about infectious disease?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I want to know if any disease or infection can develop after anal sex

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, that is an automated site response. I DID NOT send it. Thanks!

There are various diseases which can be transmitted via anal intercourse, the infectious diseases which can be transmitted include,

Hepatitis B

Hepatitis C

HIV

Chlamydia

Gonorrhea

Herpes

Fungal infections

Trichomoniasis

Now all of these diseases can be diagnosed by getting an STD panel done which I think should have been done when you were subjected to this trauma.

Regarding other diseases, those can result from the trauma caused by forced anal intercourse such as,

Proctitis - inflammation of the rectum and the anal canal

Anal incontinence - due to damage to the anal sphincter

Anal lacerations/fissures

Hemorrhoids - which can occur later on in the course of the disease

Irritable bowel syndrome - this is a rare occurrence in some patients

Lastly, the psychological effects of the event can lead to,

Post-traumatic stress disorder

Anxiety disorders

Depression

Various phobias can develop

Can I ask what are your current symptoms?

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor