OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I dont know how to really explain whats going on. over the…

I dont know how...

I dont know how to really explain whats going on. over the last few days it has been itchy, red and sore 'down there'. i looked today, and i noticed some red patches, and i think there might be some thin cracks... what do i do?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

I think i have been dealing with this for the last few days. i might have had some slight itching/discomfort before my period, but my period stopped a little over two weeks ago. today the discomfort was very unbearable.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I havent tried to put any creams on it yet, but lying down on my bed seems to help (instead of standing up, sitting cross-legged).

3/28/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you?
How large are the patches?

im 23, the patches are not that big, i think they are just small patches.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The it*****, *****ches in that area is likely due to fungal infection.
It usually occurs due to sweating or moisture.
Other probale is dermatitis, allergy.
Please keep the area dry and cool, open when possible.
Use cotton and loose underwear.
You can apply antifungal cream or spray like Lamisil or clotrimazole.
Hydrocortisone cream can be added too.
Those are available over the counter.
Benadryl or claritin can be taken for itching.
If you do not see any improvement, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
You may need oral antifungal medicine which is a prescription drug.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)